.decimal is excited to announce that it has received US FDA 510(k) clearance for its Astroid Proton Treatment Planning application. Astroid is the first commercial planning system built solely for proton therapy.
“By maintaining a tight focus on only proton therapy, our Astroid TPS has been able to be built with a clear, easy to learn User Interface (UI), that is tailored specifically to the unique needs and challenges of proton treatment planning,” says Kevin Erhart, CTO of .decimal. “Couple this laser-sharp focus with the cloud-based, modular architecture of our Astroid platform and you’ve got a system that is truly unique and transformative in the field of proton therapy and even the TPS market as a whole. This milestone is the culmination of the efforts of .decimal staff and those of our clinical partners and we are proud of our efforts to continue to bring to market high tech products that will help lower the cost of proton therapy while improving patient care.”
What makes Astroid so Unique?
Designed and built for the cloud, Astroid has been able to achieve breakthroughs that are simply unmatched in other TPS products:
- Multi-Criteria Optimization that is fast enough to be practical for everyday use
- Explore plan trade-offs in real-time for every patient
- Data integrity, accessibility, and traceability that only the cloud can offer
- Never lose or mismanage data again
- Access and review plans from anywhere on any Windows® device
- Release management and automated acceptance testing that is simple and safe
- Stay current with the latest TPS enhancements with minimal manual effort
- Integration capabilities that go far beyond simple scripting
- Safely manage, test, and distribute your own in-house tools and algorithms within the TPS platform
- Flexible pricing models and a system that requires no major capital investments
.decimal® is a precision manufacturer of patient-specific custom beam shaping devices for proton, electron, and photon therapies used in the treatment of cancer. We are also a software development company specializing in radiation oncology treatment planning, dose-based device design, and CT-based range compensator QA. Our mission is to develop products that provide the most effective radiation therapy delivery possible. .decimal is based in Sanford, Florida, and has been in operation for over 30 years. For more information about our company please visit www.dotdecimal.com and for more information on the Astroid suite of treatment planning products please visit www.protonTPS.com.